Friday, September 9, 2011

Handstands & Funny Faces: Alyannah & Shawn

This brother and sister duo took me on a roller coaster ride around Griffith Park. They were not afraid to get dirty, they were not afraid to show me what they found and they were not afraid to do exhibitions in front of the camera (cartwheels, handstands, etc.). What did I find? I found that Alyannah can hold a handstand for approx. 15 sec. I thought this was pretty darn long and Shawn...well...Shawn like most boys found pleasure in finding little bugs and trying to outdo his sister by locating the "BIGGEST" pine cone he could find. What I realized was how much pleasure it was to spend time and get to know children because they see the world innocently through rose colored glasses and once in a while, I may need to keep mine on a little longer than a second.
















I love this photo, so adorable! What you don't know was that after the shot was taken Alyannah wiped her cheek and said "Ewwwwww" and Shawn said "Hahahaha!".